08/15/2012

screenshot-1

WP-Flybox

by Cyle — Categories: css, tools, Web Development — Tags: , , , , , , 117 Comments

I have created a new wordpress plugin, but this is also available without wordpress (see below). It is my first public plugin. I have made several other, but just for my use. This is a plugin that adds tabs to either side of your page and float there as the page is scrolled. The tabs are social tabs and when hovered over they “fly out” revealing more information. So far I have facebook, twitter, pinterest, google plus, youtube, feedburner, linkedin, deviant art, instagram, and a contact me tab. The layout and plugin use only CSS and no javascript. However, javascript it used to show a couple of the tab pages like twitter.

Download Link: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-flybox/

Below are some pictures and also instructions on how to use it. If you have any suggestions or questions comment below. (Click on an image to view larger)

Settings

The settings can be a bit difficult so I am going to go over each of them.

Display Options:

• State which side the tabs go on. Left, Right, Or none will turn them off
  • Put how high you want the tabs to start. You can use pixels or percentages, but you must be consistent. Use pixels to always show the tab a certain distance from top and use percentage when you want to show it in the middle or a certain place relative to their screen size.
  • Separation is the distance between tabs. Zero would mean all tabs are on top of each other. Each tab is about 100-102 pixels wide so I generally would use 103px for the separation.
  • Number of tabs from 0-7.
  • Assign tabs to social pages.
  • Select which type of tab you want.
  • If you select custom color tabs and hit apply, a new section will appear with color options to set the tabs.
  • Once you choose colors hit apply and refresh to see a preview of the tab.

Tab Configuration:

Facebook:

• Enter your facebook page ID. This cannot be a personal page, it has to be a fan page or company page!
  • Enter color scheme for the slide out page.
  • Enter height. Only use numbers.
  • Select if you want to use the header. The header just says “Find Us On Facebook”
  • Select if you want to use the stream. This shows your recent activity.
  • Select if you want to show faces or followers.

Twitter:

• Enter your twitter username.
  • Choose if you want pictures of followers or friends to display.
  • Choose how many to display (0 for none).
  • Choose if you want to be able to click on followers/friends profiles.
  • Choose to include the tweet to button.
  • Cache: Twitter’s new API has a limit on the number of requests per hour, so now this plugin caches the information and saves it for a couple hours. This also speeds up your page loads.

Google Plus:

• This is your google plus username code. Go to your profile and look in the address bar. The series of numbers will be your username code.
  • Google plus type is where you state whether the username code is a profile or a page. If it is your personal profile then pick profile. If it is a fan page or business page choose page.

Youtube:

• Enter your youtube username.

Feedburner Subscription:

• Enter your feedburner username or whatever is before the ” .feedburner.com”

Pinterest:

• Enter your pinterest username. You can find your public username by going to https://pinterest.com/settings/ after you login and look where it says username half way down.

LinkedIn:

• Here put your linked in public profile link. To find your profile log into LinkedIn and click profile and view profile at the top. Near the bottom of your profile you will see Public Profile Link. Put that entire link in here! If you want to use a company profile then enter the company’s ID. You can find the numeric ID in the address bar after “http://www.linkedin.com/company/”.
  • Choose if you used a member profile or a company profile.

Flickr:

• Enter your flickr ID. This is NOT your username or photostream. To find it go to http://http://idgettr.com/ and find it using your photostream url. Leave blank for all publicly viewable photos.
  • Next enter a tag you want to narrow the photos down by. Leave blank for all photos.

Contact:

• Enter the email address you want the completed contact me form sent to.
  • Select whether you want to use captcha.
  • Select Contact Me or Us

Deviant Art:

• Enter your deviantart username.
  • Specify the width of the frame or window of images.
  • Specify the height of the frame or window of images.
  • Put in how many images you want to show.
  • Put in the maximum width of each image between 0 and 150.
  • Put in the maximum height of each image between 0 and 150.
  • Enter number of columns to use. (If your frame size is too small then it will use a different number of columns.)
  • Cache: This is to speed up your page loads and not have to request the same data at every load.

Instagram:

• Enter your Instagram user ID. First you have to allow access to WP-Flybox. To do that you can go here and get your ID and Auth Token. (http://njarb.com/wp-flybox/instagram/)
  • Then enter your Autho Token.
  • Enter the max number of photos you want displayed
  • Select whether or not you want to display the header. The header is your profile pic and count of photos, followers, and following.

Vimeo(development version 2.2-beta):

• Enter your vimeo username.
  • Enter how many video thumbnails to show.
  • Cache: This caches this tab so your page loads faster.

Troubleshoot Configuration:

•  Turn jquery on or off. If you are having problems with the tabs sliding out on Internet Explorer or Chrome then that means that another plugin or theme is loading a different version of jquery. WP-Flybox does not care which version you use so turn this off if another version is using it elsewhere.
  • Enable or disable for mobile devices. If you have more than 4 large tabs or 6 small tabs then I would recommend disabling it for mobile browsers because it will not all fit on the screen.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or comments by commenting below!

Beta Testing

I try not to constantly release versions with small changes, and instead keep updating the beta version until I have enough changes and have tested it enough to release it. If you want to try the beta version then see below for how to install it. After you install it, your wordpress will tell you to update wp-flybox. If you update it will go back to the latest stable version and not beta.

1. Deactivate and Delete Wp-Flybox plugin if you have it installed.
  2. Go to: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-flybox/developers/ and download the Development Version or Direct Link Here.
  3. Save the wp-flybox.zip somewhere and remember where.
  4. Go to your plugins page under your wordpress admin.
  5. At the top click on Add New.
  6. Near the top click upload.
  7. Browse for the wp-flybox.zip you downloaded and choose Install Now.
  8. Next activate the plugin and now you are on the beta version.
  • Please let me know if you find any bugs so I can fix them before I release it as stable.
  • If it is giving you problems upgrade to the stable version.

Stand Alone Version for Sites Without WordPress

Due to some requests I have added a standalone version. It was designed for osCommerce, but should work fine on any site using PHP. It can be downloaded below. Read the README.txt file for installation instructions. After installation edit the options in config.php. If you are confused about the options see above for some explanations, comment below or contact/email me. The standalone version does not have Vimeo, DeviantART, Instagram or Flickr as of now, but will be added soon. It is taking longer to code those without wordpress’s backbone and functions.

Download WP-FlyBox Standalone Version Beta 0.2

Note: This is the first release and is still in Beta. I have not actually tested this on a live working osCommerce site. Be sure to backup your files and remember what file you are editing when installing WP-FlyBox. Email me or comment below any problems or errors. Thanks!

117 Comments »

1. Pascal says:

Hai there,
    Great plugin ! just one little question, when you go over the tab “contact us” its hardly vissible, its a gray font on a white background, is there a possibility to change the colors and to translate it in Dutch?

Thx a lot

2. Daniel says:

Hi,
    what is the reason for not having the functionality of the FB post stream in the extension any more?
    We only see the information of people that have been here (FB Places).

Thanks for your help.

Best,
    Daniel

• Cyle says:

I am not sure if it has anything to do with this plugin? I dont remember changing anything like that. The FB tab is just using an iframe from facebook, so maybe it was changed on their end? Not sure why though.

3. Dan says:

Hi I love the plugin, but my site seems to have developed a glitch. For some reason when I hover over the facebook tab it flickers and I cant get it to come fully out?

Dan

• Cyle says:

What browser are you using? Did the plugin work fine at one point? I viewed your site and it seemed to work normally and came fully out.

4. Michael says:

Love the plugin and I plan on using it on my new site (which is still in testing).
    I have only run into one problem with it.

I have it set to show on the right side of the page and disabled for mobile.
    For mobile, I am using WPtouch for my mobile theme and the flybox shows in this theme even though I have the “Enable for Mobile Devices” option set to “no”

Any thoughts or suggestions on how I can make it not show up in my mobile theme?

5. why says:

hi, i used your plugin for my website. and i have a little question.
    why plugin not working if i open my website for offline reading, but if it’s online it works?
    is it normal, or theres something wrong from my setting?

thanks for your help!

• Cyle says:

What do you mean by offline reading? Like your site is offline in maintenance mode? Or you are saving the webpage for viewing without an internet connection?

6. Lee says:

Hi!

I’ve just installed WP-FlyBox to littleplough.co.uk and the Tweets aren’t showing…

• Cyle says:

Are they still not showing? Try deleting wp-flybox’s cache by going to the bottom of the wp-flybox settings and choosing delete cache. Let me know what happens!

7. Daniel says:

Hi Cyle,
    i have another one – the facebook images are gone since a few day. I still have the version 4.0 installed.
    Please check on our website.
    Any ideas?

• Cyle says:

This is an issue on facebook’s end. You can check out their developer’s section https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box/. Here they show the like box widgte and it does not show any images either. I looked in the support forums on stack overflow for facebook and many people have the same issue (no images). There has not been a fix for it that I could find, so I would say we just have to wait until facebook updates their likebox widget.

• Daniel says:

Ok I see.
        Thanks Cyle for the quick response on this.

• Kevin says:

Any update on this one? Still nothing populating the box.

Great stuff while it worked – thanks.

• Cyle says:

Did it recently show anything? There’s rumors that facebook will not show any posts in the likebox widget that is older than 30 days. I noticed your last post was over 30 days ago. Can you try to post a test post and then reload your page to see if your likebox widget starts showing your posts again? Please let me know also when you are able to post a new post so I can check if it could be anything else. Thanks!

8. manny says:

Hey, great plugin design! I highly recommend it to any other users who are looking for a sleek tab set up. Currently, I am only using the FB tab with the automated dark F tab choice, and every time I set it up on various settings(i’ve tried as many combinations as possible) the plugin drops my secure SSL certificate level to non secure. What can I edit as far as your code goes in order to be able to use utilize your great plugin and not compromise the security of my site and users information? Thank you for designing this plugin!

• Cyle says:

Hmm.. I am not sure why it would make your SSL unsecure. I do not have SSL installed on my server for this site, so the only way I could diagnose it would be to see it on a SSL site. Is there any way you could turn the plugin on and let me know what your website is so I can have a look? You can reply back here or use the contact us at the top. Thanks!

• Cyle says:

After a little more research. I found that in the plugin, it uses an iframe from facebook that is not ssl secure. You can change it to secure by editing wp-content/plugins/WP-Flybox/includes/facebook.php and on line 33 change the iframe src from http:// to https://. I doubt this is what is causing your problem though, but please let me know if it fixes it.

Also, the plugin uses a wordpress variable that is set in the wordpress general settings. It is the wordpress URL. You could try changing your site URLs to start with https://.

Keep me updated please as I really want to get this resolved!
      Thanks

• manny says:

Cyle, I am glad you provide such a quick and precise support! I went over to line 33 and simply changed the http to https and yes! It worked like a charm. Thanks again for the support and I’ll make sure to recommend your plugin any time I get a chance. Thanks!

9. Sean says:

Hey, great plug in. Having trouble with my theme though. I’m using the “Discover” Theme and have ‘load jQuery’ off. Whenever the plug-in is on however, the slide and admin toolbar disappear.

• Cyle says:

Do you have the latest version of discover? 1.7.3? Is it by Manishg? I installed discover and tried turning jquery on and off, but the toolbar and slider worked for me in both circumstances. Please let me know what version WP-Flybox you have and what version Discover you are using.

10. Daniel says:

Hi,
    I have an issue that is a bit strange since it came up a few months ago. Maybe it depends on a FB Update?
    The images are quite too big getting cropped at the right side and the text is cut off as well.
    Do you have a fixe for that problem.
    Otherwise your plugin is so great. Thanks
    Best regards, daniel

• Daniel says:

additional information according the text getting cropped –> this only appears on mobile device tested on a iPhone 4.

• Daniel says:

Me again – it seams to be an iframe issue getting from FB. Any workarounds for this?

• Cyle says:

It appears the facebook iframe coming from FB is larger than an iphone screen size. So I scaled the iframe down 75% only on mobile devices so that it will fit on most smaller screens. Please update to 3.14 and let me know if this does not resolve the problem! Thanks!!

• Daniel says:

Hi, thanks for the quick response.
        No sorry it does not fix my issue. Your workaround just scales the whole iframe but not the content of it to fit into it. The images as well as the text are still cut off at the right border. The width of the FB content is just a bit too wide. The delivered content of FB has a width of 398px. Therefor the images are getting cropped on desktop version. On mobile version both – the images and text are do so.

Thanks for your further help in advance.

• Cyle says:

Oh! I see what you are saying now. Your facebook profile has large images in the frame and it pushes everything out. I added a new setting for facebook width. Please update to 3.15 now and change that setting to something larger, maybe 398? Please let me know what happens!

• Daniel says:

Hi Cyle, on desktop it looks good now with a width of 470px.
            For mobile I had to adjust some of your code parts like this because the layer was quite too big and far too much on the left side:

{
            echo ‘-webkit-transform: scale(0.6);padding:150px; -moz-transform: scale(0.6);padding:150px; -ms-transform: scale(0.6);padding:150px; -o-transform: scale(0.6);transform: scale(0.6);padding:150px; transform-origin:top right;-webkit-transform-origin:top right;’;
            }else
            {
            echo ‘-webkit-transform: scale(0.6);padding:150px; -moz-transform: scale(0.6);padding:150px; -ms-transform: scale(0.6);padding:150px; -o-transform: scale(0.6);padding:150px; transform: scale(0.6);padding:150px; transform-origin:top left;-webkit-transform-origin:top left;’;
            }

Now it’s ok – but on mobile unfortunately not that perfect like it was a few months ago. It would be good not to have the scaling workaround. Any ideas?

• Cyle says:

Hey Daniel, I wish there was a better way, but I found that it seems to be theme specific. On my theme here it is a small page that is not scalable, so I would have to scale my facebook frame 50% to even see it all. Where on another site of mine, I do not have a specific mobile theme, so the mobile theme is the same as normal web theme, and it is much larger and scalable. So the web page is zooomed out when I go to it and the facebook tab does not need to be scaled. The scaling is not a very good solution, but I cannot think of another solution since everyone is working off of a different theme. I did add an option to the settings to change the scaling so that it can be customized more per theme.
            I wonder what changed a few months ago? Did you change your theme or add a mobile specific theme? Or I wonder if something at facebook changed? Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions?
            The new update includes the scale setting (v4.0).

• Daniel says:

Hi Cyle, we’re using this specific theme for about 1 1/2 years. The situation we have now must depend on Facebook. As I told you the plugin was just perfect a few weeks maybe 1 month ago.
            Thanks for your help so far.
            Best regards, Daniel

11. Nate says:

Love your plugin and look forward to using it across a few sites I manage but I have an issue at the moment.
    It seems that all the code from the plugin shows up on the bottom of every page. I have no idea how to get rids of it. It is like it has been pasted to the footer however it is not in my footer file. I’m new at all this so let me know how I can resolve this. Cheers,
    Nate

12. Hi!

I saw you updated the plugin for the Twitter widget, but I don’t see where I have to configure my Twitter widget-url and widget-id. Actually, the Latest Tweet is not showing.

Regards.

• Cyle says:

You only enter your user name and it will create the widget itself. Also you need to have your tweets listed as public in your twitter settings for them to show up. After the update it may be necessary to clear the plugin’s cache by going to the bottom of the WP-Flybox settings.

13. Tudor says:

Hi, I think your plugin is great and I want to use it on my website only for Facebook but the “Logo and Text” don’t show up, is invisible. If however I put the mouse where the tab should be, facebook slides just right. The “Custom Colors with Logo” works perfectly but it’s too small for me and I would like to use “Logo and Text”. What can I do?

You can check on the website, it’s on the left in the middle.
    Thanks.

14. Erika says:

Hi! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your plugin! I’m having a couple of issues though…
    1. at times, all of the boxes don’t show up on the side of my page
    2. Sometimes the plugin makes my entire site glitch- at one point, I couldn’t even log in to the back end of wordpress.
    3. On one of my other sites, the slider didn’t work, but I tried shutting off the jquery option, and that seems to work with mine.

So the jquery is off and I’m still glitching! :( I LOVE your work on this, and I really want to use it!! Can you help me? (my site is in maintenance mode at the moment, let me know if I need to cut that off… so maybe you can see what I’m talking about.
    Thank you in advance!!

• admin says:

Hey Erika! I’m sorry you’re having problems! I’ll try my best to help! Are you using the latest version of WP-Flybox?
      1. Have you noticed which tab is the first to not show up when only a few show up. I am guessing it is twitter. Like all of them will show up until it gets to twitter then the rest stop?
      2. When the entire site glitches, is there an error warning message anywhere? Maybe at the bottom of the page?
      3. If jquery is already loaded by your theme or other plugin then loading a different plugin could cause problems. WP-Flybox does not care which version of jquery is loaded so as long as it is loaded elswhere you can disable it in WP-Flybox settings and usually fix most theme issues.

It would really help if I were able to see it glitch, so either you can disable maintenance mode or when it does glitch if you could save the entire page with File>Save As and send it to me so I can look at it to see what went wrong, I may then can figure out what is causing the problems. Thanks!

15. Alan says:

I had turned custom options for Twitter to be ON. But then was noticing the latest tweet being outputted at the bottom of my website, as well as in the flybox sidebar.
    On line 66 of includes/twitter.php I see the following code, and I don’t think you meant to have the echo statements in there?

if ($options['latest']=='true')
    {
    echo 'hey61';
    $tweet=json_decode(file_get_contents("http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline/".$options['username'].".json")); // get tweets and decode them into a variable
    echo $tweet;
    if ($tweet[0])
    {
    $you['latest']=$tweet[0]->text; // show latest tweet
    echo 'latest12:'.$you['latest'];
    }
    }
    }//end no error

Thanks for a great plugin!

• admin says:

Ahh stupid me! I was in such a hurry to get the latest fix out that I forgot to delete my testing echos. Thanks for spotting it! I have fixed it and released it in version 3.11.

16. Jesse says:

Love the plugin! When I first downloaded it, I was easily able to sync up FB, Twitter, Insta, and YouTube. All tabs worked for a while. However, now I have noticed that the Instagram tab says “Invalid username, no pictures, etc.”. I have tried re-entering the API keys and also deactivating and reactivating the plugin but it has not fixed the problem. In the plugin editor, under the Instagram php, it states “inactive” at the top. Any help with this would be much appreciated because I love the look of the tabs and the plugin! Thanks in advance!

17. Artur WP says:

(This is a copy of my post from wordpress.org, I write also here because it is quite important to me)

Hi, I use WP-Flybox 3.7 on my site. It works fine on twenty-twelve, but have a problem with Responsive Theme. It works fine on every page except the mainpage, which is set in template options, not in “static mainpage” tab (I have this tab empty, but if I set something there, FlyBox works fine). I think i could add some code to home.php, but I’m not sure what and where should I add. I find something like that in the source of other page, that works:

iframes not supported by your browser.

but when I add it to home.php (below “”) it shows the tab on the full screen, without animation.

I downloaded the standalone wersion and read instructions from there, but I can’t place

into home.php (it shows a warning, that it’s not allowed).

What should I do to make it work?

18. Briska says:

Great plugin!!!! Thanx. One thing: The tabs are not visible on the ipad or iphone. Can that be fixed?

• admin says:

If I remember correctly I disabled it for iPads and mobile devices by default. Did you enable them at the bottom of the WP-Flybox settings?

19. meekS says:

Hey, amazing little widget. I was wondering if any of you could tell me how to possibly make it always extended?

20. erica says:

im getting a ton of spam from my contact us box. Any help eliminating this? I have the captcha clicked as yes. Thanks

21. Bogdan says:

Is there a configuration option so the selected boxes (FB,TW) will open/close only when clicking on the tab header ?
    It would be also interesting on mouse over to enlarge the tab header or to move it a couple of pixels in left/right so it would suggest a clicking to be done to open…

• Bogdan says:

Also, I would be interested in using custom Contact-7 contact module that can be used with shortcodes.

22. Vincent says:

Love this plugin. Worked great untill couple of days ago. Now only facebook tab is visible instead of the 5 tbs i used to have. Get this error at page bottom:
    Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /var/www/g47108/vincentwiegers.com/HTML/wp-content/plugins/wp-flybox/includes/twitter.php on line 50. Saw the same errormessage at Another wordpress site.

• admin says:

I will work on fixing this. In the mean time make sure you have the latest version and under the twitter options choose ‘No’ for the ‘Use Custom Options?’. This will bypass the plugin twitter rendering and pull it via javascript from twitter. You just won’t be able to customize the look of it. I will let you know when I get this resolved. Thanks!

23. Alan says:

Compiments on a wonderful plugin. Really appreciate the time you have spent developing it and it provides a great visual effect on a site.
    I was wondering how difficult it would be to include someone’s Twitter feed, rather than just the followers or friends?
    The api call would be http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.json?screen_name=$optionsusername
    But Im not sure how best to edit your code in twitter.php to show the latest tweets. Any advice?
    I am using the developer version of your plugin.

Also, it would be nice for the Pinterest tab to show the latest pins. I was able to hack that code to do just that by parsing the feed url like this http://pinterest.com/USERNAME/feed.rss

I think both of these features would be useful features in your plugin.

Thanks!

24. Alan says:

Wonderful plugin. Really appreciate the time you have spent developing it. Great visual effect on a site.
    I am using the developer version of your plugin.

I think both of these features would be useful features in your plugin.
    Cheers!

25. Macbill says:

Hi

Is there an option to use own taps? (FlyBoxSpriteLeft.png)
    I miss myspace.

Best, marc

26. psyeduc says:

It’s a great addition

27. Steve Allen says:

Hi

I installed your plugin to try and generate a few more “likes” on my Facebook page. The plugin is so easy to use and looks great on my website but I do have a slight problem when viewing my website in Internet Explorer.

On WordPress I am using a theme called Figero which has a “featured” areas on the main page of the website. This area no longer shows up on Internet Explorer when I activate your plugin.

I have tested with Chrome and Firefox and both work really well.

Please could you advise?

My website is http://www.sjanetworks.co.uk

Many thanks

Steve

• admin says:

Have you tried disabling jquery on the WP-Flybox settings? It’s an option at the bottom of settings. Sometimes plugins and themes will fight over which version of jquery to use when they both use it and WP Flybox doesn’t care what version so you can just let it come from the theme by turning it off in settings. Only internet explorer will stop loading jquery if it is already called. I tested WP-Flybox with the theme you mentioned and with WP-Flybox’s jquery off and everything worked fine, but let me know if it doesn’t for you and I’ll look into it more. Thanks!

28. Paul Farr says:

You have done a great job with the plugin, and would like to know if there is a version for osCommerce, or a javascript solution. Something with a “config” file as opposed to an “admin” screen. Either way I’m looking to do exactly this in OsCommerce, an any information you may have would help!

Thanks.

• admin says:

I think I can make it stand alone. It would be much easier if I did not have to include certain tabs though because they use a lot of wordpress functions. Would you want to use Flickr, Vimeo, DeviantART, or Instagram in the stand alone version?? Because those are the ones that would take me a while to rewrite without wordpress functions.

• admin says:

I have added a standalone version, but do not have an oscommerce site to test it on. If you are up for testing it then see the link above. Thanks!

29. admin says:

WP-Flybox version 3.0 is now in beta!! If you want to try it then follow the directions in the bottom of the post! It should have fixed many problems and made it much faster.

30. Tina says:

I love this plugin, but ever since the last update it doesn’t play nice with 3 of my other plugins. If I deactivate the WP-Flybox the other plugins work fine. If I Activate it the other plugins work for a few hours and then disappear from my site. Any suggestions?

• admin says:

Which version of WP Flybox are you using? 1.12? What other plugins are you having a problem with when this one is activated? Are you using a caching plugin?

• Tina says:

Thank you so much for your prompt response. The two apps that I am having issues with when running yours is TweetBoard by OpenWebStuff and Social Web Links by DezineAppz. I am using WP-FlyBox 2.12. I have just built the site (under a month old). It was working perfectly with your plugin until the last update came out a few days ago. That’s when the two mentioned plugins disapear everytime yours is running. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• admin says:

Have you tried disabling jquery on the WP-Flybox settings? It’s an option at the bottom of settings. Sometimes plugins will fight over which version of jquery to use and WP Flybox doesn’t care what version so you can just let it come from another plugin by turning it off in settings. Let me know if that doesn’t work and I’ll try and install those plugins and replicate the problem.

• Tina says:

I tried that. I saw in some of your other posts that could be an issue so I tried that first before bothering you. The results were the same.

• admin says:

Hmm that’s weird, I will definately look into it as soon as I can. I am currently 800 miles from my office and don’t fly in until late tomorrow. Until then you can try deleting the WP Flybox plugin and downloading an older version. Sorry about this!

• Tina says:

I completely understand that you will get to this when you can. I just really like the plugin and, if possible, I want to be able to use it. Thanks so much for working on this. I truly do appreciate it :)

• admin says:

I just reverted back to an earlier version until I can catch up at work and get the newer version’s bugs out. Let me know if you have problems after upgrading to 2.1.3!

• Dc says:

I have been having the same problems as Tina mentioned, not with those specific plugins, but the WP-fly box was working great till the I did the newest update and now it doesn’t let my site load which makes the site unviewable. So I have had to disable the plugin:( but I really want to use it still! How would I get the earlier version just before your latest so that I can use it?

• admin says:

I have just sent in the newest version, but did not have time to test it. It will be tested later next week and released as stable. If you want to download it and try it then look above and see how to install the latest beta.

31. Martin says:

Hey.
    Your plugin is great but i have one problem. It slides to much and there is a free space between box and side of the site.

Regards,
    Martin

• admin says:

It should slide out 32 pixels past the edge of the screen. It is so when people put tabs close to each other and the top one slides out it wont cover up the next one. I will definately add an option that makes it not slide out like that on the next update! thanks

32. Frank says:

Hi again! I just noticed that something is wrong between your plugin and my theme. I’m using a theme called “Epione” which has an slider in the frontpage and when the WP-flybox plugin is activated, the slider doesn’t work properly :( I tried installing the previous version of the plugin but I got the same problem. I already contacted the theme creator about the problem and the only solution that he gave me was deactivating your plugin. In fact, the problem appears only when the plugin is activated. Do you have any idea what’s happening? I think that maybe if I could choose in which pages show the plugin, that would solve the problem, because the incompatibility is only in the front page, in which the slider is placed. Any help will be appreciated. I really wanna use your plugin but I need my slider working fine too. You can check the slider and the theme checking my site

• admin says:

Have you tried going to the bottom of the WP Flybox settings and disabling jquery? Sometimes themes use a specific version of jquery and when WP Flybox loads a different version it causes problems. Since it doesn’t matter to WP Flybox which version it uses you can disable it on the plugin and use it from the theme. If you have tried that then I can look more into the problem.

• Frank says:

You right!!! I did turn off the jquery and the problem was solved! Thank you very much for your help! I really love your plugin! Keep on rocking!

33. KC says:

new update creating fatal error:

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /hermes/bosweb/web069/b691/ipg.lanhometechnologiesc/wp-content/plugins/wp-flybox/wpflybox_import.php on line 176

• admin says:

Is it just when the twitter tab is on or always? What is your twitter username? Others have told me it works fine and I can only replicate your results when I put in an invalid twitter username. What username are you using?

34. Frank says:

Hi! I’m using your plugin, you did a great work, congrats for that! I love your plugin but there’s something that I would like recommend. When I go to my twitter tab, the “follow” button still appears like if I dont follow my account, and that’s not true. The most of the twitter buttons acts like de “Facebook like button”, I mean, when you already like the page, it shows the “unlike” option or simply did not let you click on “like”. Also, the twitter buttons let the new user click on the “follow button” directly on the website, without going to the twitter profile on another tab o window. If the “follow” button on the twitter tab acts like the “twitter buttons” are, this would be the best plugin ever. This is for sure. If you can do something for that, everybody will appreciate and I will love you :) Thank you very much

35. Gene says:

Looks like a great plugin, but I cannot figure out where my error is! When I go through the settings and refresh my website the only thing displayed is this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mcrypt_encrypt() in /home/coffee/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-flybox/wpflybox_import.php on line 40

Any idea what I am missing… or messing up?

• admin says:

It appears your webhost does not allow mcrypt_encrypt() or have it installed. The function encrypts your email address so web crawlers do not get your email on the contact us tab. It then decrypts your email address on the submit page and sends you the emailed form. I have changed the way it encrypts your email address and it should work on all web hosts as long as they are using PHP 4 or higher. Try updating to the latest version of WP-Flybox and let me know if you are still having problems. Thanks.

36. Kalle says:

Hello
    I´m helping my friend with his homesite.

I.ve tried to use WP-Flybox but can´t put in his Facebook account right?
    What am I doing Wrong?

Best regards!

Kalle.

37. Hi I’m using a premium theme named couponpress. When I activate your plugin, the whole website vanishes. Not sure if its something to do with compatibility with the theme I’m using.

• admin says:

Did you try disabling jquery on WP-Flybox. It is an option at the bottom. If that does not work then could you please activate the plugin and go to your website and save the website or the source code of the website and email it to me? cconoly (at) njarb (dot) com

38. Elizaida says:

Oi! Baixei e ativei o seu plugin. Achei muitíssimo interessante, embora eu estivesse procurando outra funcionalidade de plugin. Mesmo assim, estou com vontade de usá-lo, é bem interativo. No entanto, gostaria de saber se seria possível personalizar as abas conforme o tema que usamos? Explico: Meu tema já tem bastantes cores e as cores e tamanhos das abas no padrão que vieram, pareceram ficar exageradas. É possível, ainda que no futuro?
    Bem, agora gostaria de lhe perguntar outra coisa: o plugin utilizado nesta sua página, acima e à direita, para compartilhamento de conteúdo… é este que eu estava procurando a horas!!! Ufa.. A lista suspensa com todas as rede é ótima. Poderia me dar esta dica? É seu também?
    Agradeceria muito se pudesse me ajudar neste sentido, pois o plugin que uso para compartilhamento não funciona bem todas as vezes!
    Fico aguardando sobre as duas questões e muitíssimo obrigada! Seu plugin é 10.. (se puder personalizar mais, então.. uau!!.. ficará ótimo!!) Abraço.

Admin translate:

Hi! I downloaded and activated your plugin. I found most interesting, though I was looking for another plugin functionality. Still, I’m willing to use it, it is quite interactive. However, I wonder if it would be possible to customize the tabs according to the theme you use? Let me explain: My theme already has plenty of colors and sizes and the colors of the tabs that come in standard, appeared to be exaggerated. It is also possible that in the future?
    Well now like to ask you another thing: this plugin used your page, above and right, for content sharing … this is what I was looking for hours!! Phew .. The drop-down list with all the network is great. Could you give me this tip? It’s yours too?
    Would greatly appreciate it if you could help me in this regard, because the plugin I use for sharing does not work well every time!
    I’m waiting on both questions and thank you so much! Your plugin is 10 .. (if you can customize more then .. wow! .. will be great!) Hug.

• admin says:

Oi, Amanhã vou lançar a atualização do plugin próximo o que lhe permite personalizar a cor das guias. Estou muito animado com isso, porque parece muito mais limpo que está sendo integrado no tema. Quanto à sua segunda pergunta, não é o meu plugin, mas ele é chamado de “AddToAny” por lockerz (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/add-to-any/).

Admin translate:

Hi, Tomorrow I will release the next plugin update which allows you to customize the color of the tabs. I am very excited about it because it looks much cleaner being integrated into the theme. As for your second question, it is not my plugin but it is called “addtoany” by lockerz (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/add-to-any/).

• Elizaida says:

Uau! Você é bom! Muitíssimo obrigada, estou atualizando o plugin agora. Super parabéns! Logo depois vou fazer minha avaliação do seu plugin, merece 10 estrelas! Muito legal.. E obrigada, mais ainda, por me fornecer o nome do outro plugin! Nossa! O que estou usando está péssimo! Grata. Depois volto para dar notícias. Saudações!

Admin translate:
        Wow! You are good! Thank you so much, I am updating the plugin now. Super congratulations! Soon after’ll make my evaluation of your plugin, deserves 10 stars! Very cool .. And thanks even more for providing me with the name of another plugin! Whoa! What I’m using is terrible! Thankfully. Then I come back to give news. Greetings!

• admin says:

Obrigado. Espero que este plugin é o que você queria, e deixe-me saber se eu posso mudar alguma coisa para você! Eu fiz a atualização muito rapidamente, então espero que eu não perca alguma coisa!

Admin translate:
          Thanks. I hope this plugin is what you wanted and let me know if I can change anything for you! I did the update very quickly so hopefully I did not miss something!

39. Brett says:

Love the plugin! Is there a way that we can change the “Contact Me” Tab to “Contact Us” ?

40. Amir Pouya says:

Hi, I used your plugin, but there was no button on the page until you hover your mouse on the left part of the page (the button is outside of the page :) ), I use a theme localized for persian language and since our language is a right to left language, we use direction:rtl in our page’s css.
    I changed your wp-flybox/wpflybox_import.php and my problem solved
    for example I changed this line like this :)

echo 'div.wpfb-flickr {width:181px;height:155px;top:'.$wpflybox_pos[$i].';right:-149px;position:fixed;z-index:900;direction:ltr;}';

• admin says:

I never thought about right to left languages! I will definately include that on the next release in about 2 days. Thanks for the great tip!

41. Jenna says:

Is there any way to link a Linkedin Members Page to WP-Flybox instead of my profile directly? So far I haven’t been able to find a way.

• admin says:

I’m sorry but I don’t seem to understand what you are saying. Could you please explain it a little more? Thanks.

• Jenna says:

Linkedin has pages you can create branched off your main Linkedin Profile just like Facebook – they’re called Member Pages. Is there any way to link them to WP-Flybox?

42. Robert says:

Hi,
    I like your plugin, however… when I use it with U-Design theme it shuts down the table layout which is just coded with HTML (ul and li). Do you have a solution for this? Also… are you working on a version that works with IE?
    Regards,
    Robert

43. Jose says:

Probando el plugin me he encontrado con que no puedo poner la pagina de facebook, ya que segun dice el plugin hay que poner ” (page id) (example: if your page is “http://www.facebook.com/wired” use wired for your id)” Pero por mas que intento a poner una cosa y la otra el no aparece, la direccion de la pagina es esta https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-Caravaning-Ourense/303159449735121 lo he intentado poniendo Club-Caravaning-Ourense tambien 303159449735121 y no va de ninguna de las formas. Como se podria poner?

• admin says:

I do not know a whole lot of Spanish, but I think I fixed your problem. Try updating the plugin and then put the entire URL of your facebook page in and see if that works.

• Jose says:

Perdon por escribir en español, pero yo si que no se ingles, le comunico que despues de la actualizacion esto funciona perfectamente, aunque podria hacer una mejora para la caja de facebook, esta seria poder cambiarle el tamaño para que salgan mas faces.

44. Will says:

Hi…so I’m liking your plugin. Couple of things about the directions. So first, I’m adhd…no kidding..the whole thing with the facebook and google plus…u got me confused. If you just said, enter your user name…I would of got it..but the thing with the “=” through me off and took me a couple of looks to understand…most probably because you didn’t express the instructions consistently…i.e. for twitter, youtube etc.

Most folks understand what their facebook or google user name/code are..

Second, I’m having an issue with connecting to my pinterest account. I entered my user name..which is planetcollects..but nothing shows…I also tried entering it with the http://pinterest.com/planetcollects…no good.

Any advice?

Thanks for a great plugin…very clean, and unlike some other similar plugins, doesn’t mess with my page load speed, which is awesome!

Cheers!
    Will

• admin says:

I totally agree that the durections are a little confusing! I will try to fix that on the next update. As for pinterest, go to https://pinterest.com/settings/ and look at where it says username and next to it should be your unique URL. Your public username and URL may be different than the username you use to login with. Let me know if it still doesn’t work. Thanks!