Download Link: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-flybox/
Below are some pictures and also instructions on how to use it. If you have any suggestions or questions comment below. (Click on an image to view larger)
The settings can be a bit difficult so I am going to go over each of them.
- State which side the tabs go on. Left, Right, Or none will turn them off
- Put how high you want the tabs to start. You can use pixels or percentages, but you must be consistent. Use pixels to always show the tab a certain distance from top and use percentage when you want to show it in the middle or a certain place relative to their screen size.
- Separation is the distance between tabs. Zero would mean all tabs are on top of each other. Each tab is about 100-102 pixels wide so I generally would use 103px for the separation.
- Number of tabs from 0-7.
- Assign tabs to social pages.
- Select which type of tab you want.
- If you select custom color tabs and hit apply, a new section will appear with color options to set the tabs.
- Once you choose colors hit apply and refresh to see a preview of the tab.
- Enter your facebook page ID. This cannot be a personal page, it has to be a fan page or company page!
- Enter color scheme for the slide out page.
- Enter height. Only use numbers.
- Select if you want to use the header. The header just says “Find Us On Facebook”
- Select if you want to use the stream. This shows your recent activity.
- Select if you want to show faces or followers.
- Enter your twitter username.
- Choose if you want pictures of followers or friends to display.
- Choose how many to display (0 for none).
- Choose if you want to be able to click on followers/friends profiles.
- Choose to include the tweet to button.
- Cache: Twitter’s new API has a limit on the number of requests per hour, so now this plugin caches the information and saves it for a couple hours. This also speeds up your page loads.
- This is your google plus username code. Go to your profile and look in the address bar. The series of numbers will be your username code.
- Google plus type is where you state whether the username code is a profile or a page. If it is your personal profile then pick profile. If it is a fan page or business page choose page.
- Enter your youtube username.
- Enter your feedburner username or whatever is before the ” .feedburner.com”
- Enter your pinterest username. You can find your public username by going to https://pinterest.com/settings/ after you login and look where it says username half way down.
- Here put your linked in public profile link. To find your profile log into LinkedIn and click profile and view profile at the top. Near the bottom of your profile you will see Public Profile Link. Put that entire link in here! If you want to use a company profile then enter the company’s ID. You can find the numeric ID in the address bar after “http://www.linkedin.com/company/”.
- Choose if you used a member profile or a company profile.
- Enter your flickr ID. This is NOT your username or photostream. To find it go to http://http://idgettr.com/ and find it using your photostream url. Leave blank for all publicly viewable photos.
- Next enter a tag you want to narrow the photos down by. Leave blank for all photos.
- Enter the email address you want the completed contact me form sent to.
- Select whether you want to use captcha.
- Select Contact Me or Us
- Enter your deviantart username.
- Specify the width of the frame or window of images.
- Specify the height of the frame or window of images.
- Put in how many images you want to show.
- Put in the maximum width of each image between 0 and 150.
- Put in the maximum height of each image between 0 and 150.
- Enter number of columns to use. (If your frame size is too small then it will use a different number of columns.)
- Cache: This is to speed up your page loads and not have to request the same data at every load.
- Enter your Instagram user ID. First you have to allow access to WP-Flybox. To do that you can go here and get your ID and Auth Token. (http://njarb.com/wp-flybox/instagram/)
- Then enter your Autho Token.
- Enter the max number of photos you want displayed
- Select whether or not you want to display the header. The header is your profile pic and count of photos, followers, and following.
Vimeo(development version 2.2-beta):
- Enter your vimeo username.
- Enter how many video thumbnails to show.
- Cache: This caches this tab so your page loads faster.
- Turn jquery on or off. If you are having problems with the tabs sliding out on Internet Explorer or Chrome then that means that another plugin or theme is loading a different version of jquery. WP-Flybox does not care which version you use so turn this off if another version is using it elsewhere.
- Enable or disable for mobile devices. If you have more than 4 large tabs or 6 small tabs then I would recommend disabling it for mobile browsers because it will not all fit on the screen.
Let me know if you have any suggestions or comments by commenting below!
I try not to constantly release versions with small changes, and instead keep updating the beta version until I have enough changes and have tested it enough to release it. If you want to try the beta version then see below for how to install it. After you install it, your wordpress will tell you to update wp-flybox. If you update it will go back to the latest stable version and not beta.
- Deactivate and Delete Wp-Flybox plugin if you have it installed.
- Go to: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-flybox/developers/ and download the Development Version or Direct Link Here.
- Save the wp-flybox.zip somewhere and remember where.
- Go to your plugins page under your wordpress admin.
- At the top click on Add New.
- Near the top click upload.
- Browse for the wp-flybox.zip you downloaded and choose Install Now.
- Next activate the plugin and now you are on the beta version.
- Please let me know if you find any bugs so I can fix them before I release it as stable.
- If it is giving you problems upgrade to the stable version.
Stand Alone Version for Sites Without WordPress
Due to some requests I have added a standalone version. It was designed for osCommerce, but should work fine on any site using PHP. It can be downloaded below. Read the README.txt file for installation instructions. After installation edit the options in config.php. If you are confused about the options see above for some explanations, comment below or contact/email me. The standalone version does not have Vimeo, DeviantART, Instagram or Flickr as of now, but will be added soon. It is taking longer to code those without wordpress’s backbone and functions.
Note: This is the first release and is still in Beta. I have not actually tested this on a live working osCommerce site. Be sure to backup your files and remember what file you are editing when installing WP-FlyBox. Email me or comment below any problems or errors. Thanks!